Man electrocuted while reconnecting electricity cable in Benue

A 26-year-old electrician, Humble Paul, was electrocuted to death in Okpokwu Local Government Area of Benue State while reconnecting electric cables disconnected by power officials over nonpayment of bill.

The incident occurred Sunday evening, March 28, at Ede Ai-agbenu community in Okpoga as he contacted to reconnect their wires for N400.

According to a resident of Ai-agbenu village, power was restored while Paul was carrying out his duty on the top of the electric pole with his body resting on the wires, he was without hand gloves or any protective jackets, he was electrocuted and died instantly.

Leave a Reply