Lagos State governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu sends condolence message to families of the victims of Abule Ado explosion

The Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu while speaking on the explosion that rocked Abule Ado, Lagos, on Sunday morning, March 15 which claimed atleast 17 lives vow to investigate the matter.

Sanwo-Olu took to Instagram to mourn the deceased and sympathise with families affected.

He wrote:

Today is indeed a sad day for residents of Abule-ado and environs, and for all Lagosians.

I hereby express my heartfelt condolences to victims of the explosion that erupted earlier this morning, and left burning buildings, collapsed structures, and loss of lives in its wake.

We will conduct thorough investigations to get to the root of this tragedy.

All relevant agencies are fully on ground to put out fires, search for victims trapped in the rubble and administer first aid where necessary.

The Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency (LASEPA) has also been instructed to immediately distribute personal safety equipments, like face and nose protection masks to first responders, safety workers and residents of the affected area.

I hereby urge residents in the area to maintain a safe distance from the disaster scene, to avoid inhaling polluted air, and to please allow the emergency workers carry out their duties.

May the souls of those who lost their lives Rest In Peace. Amen.

“We will conduct thorough investigations” Lagos State governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu says as he sympathizes with the victims of Abule Ado explosion

NEWSCASTARS.COM had learnt that Kennie Obateru, a spokesperson of the NNPC, has said that the blast occurred after a truck hit some gas cylinders stacked in a gas processing plant located near the corporation’s System 2B pipeline right of way.

Leave a Reply