Generator fumes kills four Lagos family members in Kwara after they visited for the Sallah festivities

Four members of a family were found dead in Sanmora, Irepodun Local Government Area, Kwara State after they fell asleep with the generator on between Tuesday night, July 20, and Wednesday morning, July 21.

The Lagos-based family who had visited Kwara state for the Sallah festivities are from Ojomu family compound, the deceased included a man, his wife, another woman and child.

Two others were found unconscious in the house on Wednesday, July 21, and were rushed to the hospital.

An eyewitness said, the family had feasted into the night on Tuesday and left the generator running in their corridor before they fell asleep and a neighbour who visited to greet them on Wednesday found their bodies and raised alarm.

NEWSCASATRS.COM learnt that a source, according to Tribune said: “We discovered their lifeless bodies early this morning, the head of the house, his two wives and one of his children were all dead.

“Two of the family members who were unconscious at the time of our breaking in have been rushed to the hospital. Although they’re both in critical conditions, it is our prayer they survive.”

The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) of the Kwara State Police Command, Ajayi Okasanmi, confirmed the incident saying the incident involved four members of the same family, adding that two other members of the family were recuperating in hospital.

Leave a Reply