Fire gutted a building of about eight bedrooms on Monday, in Ilorin, destroying valuables worth millions of naira.
The spokesperson of the State Fire Service, Hassan Adekunle in a statement in Ilorin on Monday said the incident occurred at about 17:09hrs, as a result of power surge at No.15 Irewolede Community, Biada Olorunsogo, Gaa-Akanbi Area, of Ilorin, Ilorin South Local Government Area, Kwara State.
He added that although the inferno was huge, “our firemen were, however, able to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and in no time it was totally extinguished.
“Out of the eight bedrooms in the building, two bedrooms and three kitchens were consumed by the inferno and the other remaining ones were rescued by the firemen,” he added.
The Director of Kwara State Fire Service, Prince Falade John Olumuyiwa urged the citizens to always cultivate the habit of switching off their electrical appliances even before bedtime saying it would help them to prevent the chances of fire outbreaks in their various homes.